- I will be a volunteer teacher in Namibia. This means that I will be teaching, but get paid very little money. Volunteers are people who work and do meaningful things for little or no money.
- I will be teaching younger kids, around the same age as elementary school. I am not sure what I will be teaching yet. I do know that I am going to teach some type of AIDS Awareness class to the older kids and adults in the community.
- I will most likely be living with a Namibian family.
- I leave the United States in December 2008 and will be gone for at least 1 year.
- I will have some access to the internet, but I am not sure how often. I will write to you from Namibia and post pictures so you can share in my experience.
- I also hope to set up "Pen Pal" opportunities so you can write to kids at my school in Namibia and they will write to you.
I want all of my former and current students to know how much I love and appreciate you! I have learned so much from all of you. You have made an amazing impact on my life. I am going to miss you all dearly, but I look forward to keeping in touch with you while I am gone. Keep respecting yourselves and others, keep doing your best, and keep your head up no matter what happens in your life. You are all amazing people and I admire you!
Note to all students: Thank you for visiting my site! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact me or leave a comment on this site. I will get back to you as soon as I am able.